|Call for Presentation and Participation
To: All Presenters & Participants
From: The Secretariat, 5th Asia TEFL Conference, Kuala Lumpur
Please take note of the following:
1. All presenters and co-presenters must register and make payments by 20th April 2007 to attend the conference. Participants must register and make payments by 7th May 2007. Please email us at email@example.com for our bank account details. The registration form is available on-line at www.asiatefl-melta.com. The organisers reserve the right to reject the participation of individuals who have not met the stipulated payment requirements.
2. Presenters who wish to have your paper included in an unedited pre-conference publication, in the form of a CD, please email the full paper to us at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th April 2007.
3. If you require accommodation, please make your own reservations. Room rates at a number of hotels have been specially reduced for participants attending this Conference (more information available below).
4. To presenters, please inform the secretariat as soon as possible if, for any reason, you are unable to attend the conference.
Accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of presenters and participants.
Best Western Premier Seri Pacific, Kuala Lumpur:
Tel No. : (603) 4042 5555
Fax No. : (603) 4043 7236
Email : email@example.com
Standard (single) RM245.00 nett per room per night (no breakfast)
Standard (double) RM265.00 nett per room per night (no breakfast)
Deluxe (single) RM270.00 nett per room per night (no breakfast)
Deluxe (double) RM290.00 nett per room per night (no breakfast)
The Legend Hotel Kuala Lumpur:
Tel No. : +603-40429888
Fax No. : +603-40430700
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard (single/double) RM225.00++ per room per night (2 breakfasts)
Deluxe (/single/double) RM265.00++ per room per night (2 breakfasts)
Grand Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur:
Ms Zaza : (6012) 2425482
Tel No. : (603) 2697 8888 Ext: 8552
Email : email@example.com
Superior (single/twin) RM195.00 nett per room per night (incl of breakfast)
Deluxe (single/twin) RM215.00 nett per room per night (incl of breakfast)
Seasons Crest (single/twin) RM235.00 nett per room per night (incl of breakfast)
**Return shuttle service (Hotel- PWTC ? Hotel) on scheduled times
Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur:
Ms.Sharon Tham : (603) 4043 6868 or Cik.Hanim Fax No. : +603-4043 6688
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard (single) RM160.00 nett per room per night (incl 1breakfast)
Standard (double) RM190.00 nett per room per night (incl 2 breakfasts)
Note : USD10 is approximately MYR37
Rooms are subject to availability upon reservation. Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
6. Below are transportation details from airport to conference venue and conference hotels.
HOW TO GET TO YOUR HOTEL IN KUALA LUMPUR
- The KLIA EXPRESS links the airport directly with the KL Sentral transportation hub in Kuala Lumpur.
Duration : 28 minutes.
Frequency : There is one train every 15 minutes between 5 a.m. - 9a.m., and between 4 p.m.-10 p.m.; and every 20 minutes outside those hours.
Cost : RM35.00 (about USD 10).
- The KLIA TRANSIT, like the KLIA Express, also links the airport with KL Sentral except that it stops at three intermediate stations.
Duration : 36 minutes
Frequency : Trains run every half hour from 5.52 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Cost : RM35.00
Directions: Once you have passed through the Customs Check, go through the exit and turn right. Walk for about 30 meters or so until you see a lift with the KLIA Express sign. Take note that NOT ALL lifts will take you to the KLIA Express platform. Take ONLY the lift with the KLIA Express signboard.
For the lift to the KLIA Transit platform, walk further down from the KLIA Express lift until you see a lift with the KLIA Transit sign.
For KLIA Express, once you have come out from the lift, walk towards the platform. The ticket counter is nearby. If you have no time to buy the ticket, you may board the train without any ticket and buy it once you have arrived at KL Sentral.
- AIRPORT COACH runs half hourly express buses to KL Sentral.
Frequency : Every half hourly from 5 a.m. to 12 midnight.
Cost : RM10.00
From KL Sentral to your hotel (Seri Pacific and Legend).
On arrival at the KL Sentral you can take a taxi or the KTM Commuter or the LRT (Light Rail Transit) to your hotel.
- The taxi will take you directly to your hotel. The fare for the taxi will be displayed on the meter in the taxi.
(From the KLIA Express exit, turn right and look for the taxi counter. There are two counters?limo and budget. Fares depend on distance).
- You can take the KTM COMMUTER from KL Sentral to PWTC which is the nearest station to your hotel. The hotels are a short walk from the station.
- The LRT train service will also take you to your hotel. However, you will have to take two trains. The first train will be the PUTRA LRT from KL Sentral to the Masjid Jamek Station. Then, you will have to board the STAR LRT from here to the PWTC station. From the station it is a short walk to your hotel.
Only AIRPORT LIMO limousines and budget taxis are allowed to pick up passengers at the airport. The taxi will take you directly to your hotel.
- Buy coupons from Airport Limo counters just before you exit the international arrivals gate or just outside the domestic arrivals gate. Ask for a budget taxi, which is perfectly fine and is not very expensive.
Warning : It is better not to accept offers from touts in the arrival foyer because they may charge more than the airport taxis. You will also not be covered by insurance if an accident happens.